Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Sharepoint 2007 - dropdown menu with long text CSS color

In Sharepoint 2007, when an item in a dropdown menu is long, the rollover color is different:

1

To fix this, open the core.css file and go to this class:

.ms-topNavFlyOuts a{
display:block;
*width:120px;
min-width:120px;
color:#3764a0;
padding:4px 8px 4px 8px;
}

replace "*width:120px;" with "width:100%;"

.ms-topNavFlyOuts a{
display:block;
width:100%;
min-width:120px;
color:#3764a0;
padding:4px 8px 4px 8px;
}

Tip: modifying the core.css is not best practice, better copy-paste this class in a new CSS file and use it as a alternate css

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Pen Drive, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://pen-drive-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Lynnda said...

Dropdown is exactly what I want to do for Top Link Bar in WSS.30 - can I use SP Designer to do this, editing the Master page?? or give the master page a new name and use as the main page after changes. Thanks very much

Term Papers said...

I have been visiting various blogs for my term papers writing research. I have found your blog to be quite useful. Keep updating your blog with valuable information... Regards

electronic signatures said...

Congratulations, your blog is appealing and informative. Going through your Information, I found quite a few new ideas to implement.